PackProvisionsPosted on Monday, April 6, 2020
ASUN Pack Provisions
Pack Provisions strives to support all members of the University of Nevada, Reno with the daily resources they need to ensure success. This mission is carried out by providing access to perishable and non-perishable foods, school supplies, hygiene items and more.
As of Friday, April 3, Pack Provisions, the on-campus food pantry will no longer be available for food pick up or delivery. To continue supporting students who are experiencing food insecurity we will be issuing a temporary, $40 groceries fund payment program available to students every other week. This program is scheduled to run from Monday, April 6th – Friday, May 17th with the expectation that we will go back to normal services.
The weeks that you can apply for this funding include:
- Monday, April 6th– Sunday, April 12th
- Funds will be deposited between Wednesday, April 15th– Thursday, April 16th
- Monday, April 13th– Sunday, April 19th
- Funds will be deposited between Wednesday, April 22nd – Thursday, April 23rd
- Monday, April 20th– Sunday, April 26th
- Funds will be deposited between Wednesday, April 29th – Thursday, April 30th
- Monday, April 27th– Sunday, May 3rd
- Funds will be deposited between Wednesday, May 6th– Thursday, May 7th
- Monday, May 4th– Sunday, May 10th
- Funds will be deposited between Wednesday, May 13th– May, April 14th
- Monday, May11th– Sunday, May 17th
- Funds will be deposited between Wednesday, May 20th– May, April 21st
Please plan accordingly as you may only receive up to $120 over the 6 week period.
Minimum qualifications for students include:
- You must be enrolled in at least one Spring 2020 undergraduate or graduate credit hour.
- You must set up direct deposit account in your MyNevada to receive the funds.
- You must send a picture of a detailed receipt of the food items you purchased to firstname.lastname@example.org within a week of receiving the fundsor before you submit another application. Failure to return the receipt will end your eligibility in the program.
- You may only apply for the Pack Provisions program every other week. See Schedule above.
- You must submit the online application in order to receive the $40 via direct deposit via MyNevada into your bank account
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the money is deposited?
Students who apply for the Pack Provisions program will have the funds directly deposited into their banking account the following week.
What if I have direct deposit set up in WorkDay for my on-campus job, will that work?
No, you must have direct deposit set up in your MyNevada
What if I need more time to return the receipt?
Reach out to email@example.com to receive an extension.
Will these funds be taxed?
They will be reported only if the individual receives $600 in the aggregate from the University.
If you have questions about this temporary program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org