2020 ASUN ElectionsPosted on Wednesday, January 22, 2020
I hope you all enjoyed your break! My name is Jakeyla Hall, ASUN Director of Elections and Democratic Education. I am reaching out to let everyone know that the ASUN Elections Application is open for ASUN President, Vice President and Senate Seats for each academic college! We encourage you to run for office to represent undergraduate students at the University of Nevada, Reno!
We have three upcoming information sessions that let you know how to apply for office, how to campaign and what it means to be an ASUN Officer:
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 5:00pm in The Joe 324
- Tuesday, January 28 2020 at 5:00pm in The Joe 422
- Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 5:00pm in The Joe 324
Other important dates include:
- Application (Link) for Candidacy opened on Monday, January 20th, 2020 at 8am
- Filing BBQ on January 28th, 2020 at 11am in front The Joe
- Application (Link) for Candidacy closes on Friday, January 31st, 2020 at 5pm
- Elections BBQ on March 11th, 2020 at 11am in front The Joe
- Debates will take place in February and March. (Link)
Don’t Forget to Vote on WebCampus in March.
- Primary Voting starts on March 4th, 2020 at 8:00 am and end on March 5th, 2020 at 5:00 pm
- General Voting starts on March 11th, 2020 at 8:00 am and end on March 12th, 2020 at 5:00 pm
To learn more, attend any of the above workshops.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I would also like to remind you to:
Get Involved! Come out to the Spring 2020 Club Fair on Friday January 24th from 4pm-7pm located in the Joe Ballrooms. ASUN Elections will have a table and I can answer any questions you might have.
Director of Elections and Democratic Education
3rd Floor of The Joe in the ASUN Center for Student Engagement